For over 20 years, Comptoir des Lys has been acting for sustainable development. Its social, technical and economical policies are oriented to the diversity and the respect of earth's natural resources.
An ecological site
The company is based in Somloire, a small village of 800 inhabitants in the North West part of France. Our manufacturing plant is compliant with environmental high quality standards (French norm) :
- Use of renewable materials: non treated wood, hemp insulation, ecological paintings...
- Efficient policy on energetic needs and waste.
Comptoir des Lys only uses renewable raw materials which are safe to the earth :
- No use of raw materials derived from petroleum
- No use of products derived from animals
Only raw materials made from plants are used. They are GMO-free such as milk, honey, beeswax, materials resulting from biotechnology as well as some minerals.
After the first selection, Comptoir des Lys checks each selected material to use only the ones that have undergone simple and non polluting transformations and mainly those that result from organic farming.
During the manufacturing process, the laboratory uses simple industrial methods : mixing, emulsion, heating and cooling.
Two main ideas are developed about energy : economy and selective sorting. Necessary energy for both production and company's life comes from gas and electricity.
Waste are submitted to a quality action plan:
- Recycling of cardboard boxes
- Selective sorting and recycling of plastic and paper packings
- Elimination of soiled packings by a specialized company
- Partnership for water treatment
As part as our sustainable development policy, we pay attention in the same time to product, technical and commercial values. An eco-friendly product has to be sold in a fair way, thanks to : - A short distribution network
- Qualified and specialized sales points (chosen for their technical, ecological and biological skills and their advice to customers
- Customer service
In 1985, Mrs Jeanine GABORY created a small company belonging to the company workers and not to shareholders or any financial group.
- Bénédicte GABORY, Developing Director
- Jean-Philippe POURRAT, Sales Manager
- Samuel GABORY, General Manager
For Comptoir des Lys, sustainable development is an essential value. In every gesture, every action, future is taken into account.